Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Former Farmer, Wife and Mother!

Dear Nicholas and Lucas,

In 2005, I began to think about writing a cookbook for you. You were both very young men then.  Lucas, I believe you were about 15 and Nicholas about 18 years old!

I suppose, the thought of writing a cookbook was due to how I grew up.  I watched my Mom, Dad, some Aunts and mostly Grandma Kate, Pappy Emiel and Grandma Emma prepare excellent 'budget friendly" meals for our family.  However, those recipes were usually not written down.  So, when I began to prepare some of them for your Dad and you guys, I prepared from Memory.  Being that you boys didn't cook much with me, you would have no memory of the preparation of meals.  I.E  The Cookbook was created!

I began "physically" writing the first cookbook in April of 2007 and finished it just in time for Christmas of 2007.  Remember, I'm writing this Blog based on the first cookbook.  So, I'm actually reading the original Cookbook, while I write.  Do you remember your copies?   There were 3 sets of the Cookbook. I typed the recipes in word, saved them on floppy disks, printed one copy, purchased 3 "three" ring binders with clear plastic sleeves, made 2 more copies at Staples and there we were! I printed 3 Title Pages, wrapped up the "homemade gift" for each and tossed them under the Christmas Tree.

Nicholas, you took your copy away to College and "cooked".............You called home sometimes, to clarify this or that and then you enjoyed cooking!  That was my plan, all along!  You have even updated and "branded" a few of those recipes your own!  We just love your Chili.  It's much better than mine!

Lucas, you threw your copy into the top of your bedroom closet for a few more years.  Eventually, you took your copy off to college too and then you cooked!!!!!  Just like your brother, you would call home now and then for clarification or a recipe that wasn't even printed in the book.  I clearly remember in the spring of 2011, you were on "dinner" duty when you roomed with the girls at school.  Once, you called home for the recipe of Pizza Burgers.  Of course, you were a success!

The Title of my first recipe book was The Sedar Family Cook Book and Helpful Hints!

My copy is a bit tattered and well used and worn now. I would guess the other 2 copies are too.  Well, now it is December of 2011, the new book is born, via blogger. This isn't just a cookbook and helpful hints.  It includes all kind of wonderful things that I want to tell you! Please keep in mind, some of the recipes in this blog are the same as the original book, most are slightly different, some of the old recipes are not included at all and some of the recipes are brand new! 

WHEW WHEW!  Please enjoy my Blog, composed just for my boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment