Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Braided Bread "It's semi homemade"

With all the cooking and baking that I do, you would think that I've made bread!  No, I have never made bread, but someday I will try it. I think I have a fear of the Yeast!   For now, this recipe works perfectly for my family.   It's so so easy, budget conscious, makes your kitchen smell fabulous and tastes great with almost any thing!

1 Tablespoon olive oil or oil of your choice
1 loaf white or wheat frozen bread dough
Sesame Seeds or dried herbs of your choice (Optional)

Rub the oil on the frozen bread and a cookie sheet.  Place the bread on the  cookie sheet on your kitchen counter.  Cover with a kitchen towel and forget about it for about 2 hours. After 2 hours, go back and cut the bread into 3 somewhat even strips. Be careful with the knife.  The dough will be partially frozen and partially thawed.  Braid the strips and tuck the ends under the bread. Top with the seeds or herbs (or not).  It is perfectly good without topping with anything!   Wait about another half hour. Slightly pull the bread dough on both ends, to elongate your bread.  Bake in a preheated 360 degree oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.  Everyone that has eaten at my kitchen table just loves this bread.  Who knew, it is semi homemade! Because of the braids, you can pull apart pieces of the bread.  No knife necessary.  That makes it even more fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment