Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Locovors

 I learned a new word today.  Locovors is the concept of buying food from Local Farmers instead of the local grocery store.  While doing some research for my blog, I've been trying to watch TV Shows about Nature, cooking, farming, etc.  Last year, Timmy and I purchased a half of a cow for our freezer.  When we had finished all of our Home Grown beef, we went back to the grocery store to purchase our beef.  The difference is amazing.  Local raised is healthier and certainly tastes much better.  Farmers Markets have grown in leaps and bounds over the years, here in Beaver County and all through out the country!   I really can't wait to start my garden in a couple more months!  I plan to grow many different vegetables this year, things I have never grown before.  I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment