Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Gift of Brownies in a Jar

My dear friend, Linda Greenawald gave me this recipe back in 2002.  I've made it now and then during the Christmas Season and given it as a Gift to friends and relatives at Grandma's Open House on Christmas Eve or Betsy Kubacki's after Christmas Party!

In a quart jar layer the following ingredients.

1/ teaspoon salt
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips.

I tightly place a jar ring and lid on top.  Wrap with a pretty ribbon and then
Print out the recipe below on a pretty recipe card and add the following directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine contents of the  jar with
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Mix well.  Pour batter into a greased 9x9 inch baking pan.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Cool on a rack.  Cut and Serve
I really like this recipe for enjoying and gift giving.  I however, don't see my son's making this on a regular basis............  But, if you need to give a nice, top knotch, homemade inexpensive gift, this is the way to go!  Actually, I make several at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment