Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Home made Brownies and Icing

A girl that I worked with at the Nolfi Agency gave me this Recipe.  Her name was Diana.  Diana was my friend and a fabulous Italian Cook!  After all these years, I actually just ran into her a few weeks back.  That was fun!

I hadn't made this recipe in a number of years.  I actually misplaced the recipe.  I'm glad I found it again.  I think this is the best brownie recipe, I've ever eaten. 

1 cup butter
4 squares unsweetened Chocolate
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 cups chopped nuts

On low heat, in a large sauce pan, melt butter, chocolate and sugar.  Take off the heat and add milk, eggs, salt and vanilla and flour  (the ingredients should be added in that order, especially to avoid the eggs from scrambling)  ***    Take off the stove and add flour, milk, salt, vanilla.  Mix well with a mixer or wire whip and add chopped nuts.  On a greased and floured cookie sheet with at least 1 inch sides, spoon the batter and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  Pinch down bubbles after 15 minutes with a fork.

Icing

1 stick oleo softened
1 box (1 lb) powdered sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
few drops of canned milk

In Microwave, soften oleo.  Using a wire ship add powdered sugar,
cocoa, egg, vanilla and canned milk.  Whip thoroughly.

Pour over cooked brownies.  Cut into pieces and serve.  Just a great recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment