Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Pesto

I didn't taste Pesto until just a few years back.  With my love of gardening, I started to grow herbs in pots, a number of years ago around the porch, yard and in the vegetable garden.  All, I did with my herbs, especially Basil, was use them in sauces or on meat, fish or poultry.  I never made pesto, until this past summer.  The summer before, I gave a large bunch of basil to Aunt Tracy.  She made Pesto and I loved it ever since.  This is my recipe for fresh Pesto straight from Foord Network and Aunt Tracy. 

1/2 cup chopped Walnuts  (Pine nuts are preferred)
2 cups Fresh Basil
1/2 cup Good Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
1 Tablespoon Lemon or Lime Juice  (Lime is much better)

In a Food Professor, chop the nuts and then add all other ingredients, except for 1/4 cup of Olive Oil. After all is mixed, then add the last 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.   If your Basil is a bit dry, you may need to add more Olive Oil.  Serve with Crackers. Great Summer Time Snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment