Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Homemade Salsa

This is definitely one of Lucas' favorites!

When I was a little girl, my Mom used to "process" or otherwise can bell and hot peppers and tomatoes with Salt.  Very Good! I updated that little recipe and created my own version of Salsa.

12 pints of fresh tomatoes, cored and cubed
1 pound of white onions chopped
6 pints of green, red or yellow bell peppers roughly chopped
2 pints of banana or Hungarian hot wax peppers roughly chopped
1/8 cup of course salt
Plenty of black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 small cans of tomato paste
1/8 cup chili powder

Place all ingredients together and simmer approximately 15 minutes.  Serve immediately with Taco chips or Crusty bread or process to can.  You can add Cilantro, if you like  (I dislike Cilantro)...........  You can also add basil, oregano or even  Italian Seasoning.  Enjoy








No comments:

Post a Comment